[Wien] error in Vorb....uporb.def failed

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 10 10:05:48 CEST 2014

I don't think that non-collinear magnetism is very important for your
structure optimization.

Most likely there is either a problem with your computer (NFS,...) or
the calculation has diverged (happens very rarely with the new mixer.

You need to check yourself for more hints of the problem. Just:

 > error in vorb....uporb.def failed

is not informative and nobody can really help.

any non-empty error files ?

any message in the scfX or outputX file, where X is the program name
where the failure occures (scforbup)

repeat at the command line the step which failed.

Probably:   x orb -up

What is the message ?