[Wien] Error bar

Kurt Lejaeghere Kurt.Lejaeghere at UGent.be
Tue Apr 15 13:20:36 CEST 2014

Dear Sahra Sahraii

the difference between your calculated and experimental values depends
on the exchange-correlation functional you use. When using PBE, for
example, it is about 0.01 eV/atom for energy differences between
chemically and structurally similar compounds, 0.03 eV/atom for
chemically similar yet structurally dissimilar compounds and 0.15
eV/atom for substantially different compounds (like atoms vs solids).

You can find more information at
dx.doi.org/DOI:10.1080/10408436.2013.772503
which also lists error bars for volumes, bulk moduli, ...

Kind regards

Kurt