[Wien] "X-FORCE for atom 1 is not zero as required by symmetry"

foyevtsova at th.physik.uni-frankfurt.de foyevtsova at th.physik.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Apr 24 19:06:07 CEST 2014

Dear Peter,

with your recipe the problem is indeed fixed.

It turns out after all that my in2 was wrong as a result of producing and
running a series of struct files with varying degree of BiO6-octahedra
tilting. I performed initialization for a structure with no tilting and
then ran scf for a sequence of structures with increasing tilting without
reinitializing (with same in2). Now I see that initialization gives
different in2 in the case of tilting and no tilting, probably because of
the lower symmetry in the former case, even though nominally the space
group of the unit cell stays the same. I've got the original structure
from a colleague and so do not know about the origin of the rot matrices.

Thank you for your help and time.

Best,
Kateryna