[Wien] questions about Fermi Energy for insulator such as borate minerals

Bing Zhou luxunca at yahoo.ca
Sat Aug 2 03:49:37 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I am not familar with the basic physical concept of Fermi Energy due to my background, could you please help me with the following questions:

1. Fermi Energy results are listed in case.scf?
2. Fermi Energy is same for a borate mineral (insulator), or it changes according to the type of atoms in the structure (say O, B, Ca, K, Na)?
3. Fermi Energy is usually around 0.0 Ry for an insulator mineral?
4. Fermi Energy can be shown on DOS map?

Thank you in advance!

Bing