[Wien] will the unit cell parameters affect NMR shielding significantly?

delamora delamora at unam.mx
Sat Aug 2 19:46:27 CEST 2014

1. Fermi Energy results are listed in case.scf? yes
2. Fermi Energy is same for a borate mineral (insulator), or it changes according to the type of atoms in the structure (say O, B, Ca, K, Na)? it changes
3. Fermi Energy is usually around 0.0 Ry for an insulator mineral? Energy is relative and Ef is set =0 when the units are eV
4. Fermi Energy can be shown on DOS map? It is always there if you use eV!!! (=0)

Yes you should run a unit cell optimization as well