[Wien] elastic properties problems

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Aug 9 22:19:10 CEST 2014

The reason for the error "ls: pas de correspondance" (French) or "ls: No
match" (English) is probably because the command

ls eos_*.struct | cut -c 1-9

in eos.job cannot find the eos_*.struct files.  I believe the
eos_*.struct files should be created by elast_setup (when it internally
executes setelast), but it seems that your setelast executable may be
failing to create the eos_*.struct files.

So some possible causes of the problem and their solution might be:

a) A compiler bug
     - Can try different Fortran compiler versions
b) Bad executable
     - Can try different optimization flags (e.g., -O2 instead of -O3)
     - Can try different compiler settings (e.g., static instead of
dynamic libraries, or vice versa)
c) System issue
     - Can try a different computer
     - Can try a different Linux operating system
     - Can try English language locale (en_US)
[http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-258791.html]
        as other language locale can sometimes cause problems
d) Bad program input
     - Enter good input

Hope that helps and good luck.