[Wien] Does w2web work on Mac OS X?

Kevin Jorissen kevinjorissenpdx at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 00:01:51 CEST 2014

Hi Stefan,

Thanks very much for taking the time to write such a detailed reply. I appreciate it very much.

I've indeed tested the lines coming back from CGIoutr and they're empty as you suspected. The html headers simply aren't being written.

My own guess was slightly different -- that when I type http://local host:7890 w2web opens index.pl (as it is programmed to look for index files when you point it to a directory, in this case the root directory htdocs) - and index.pl points to change.cgi through redurectURL (in lib/w2web).  My hypothesis has been that redirectURL ought to write the header lines, and it's not happening for some reason.  I had ignored PrintPage - I assumed it only prints content? - but it seems that according to you, this also prints a header?  I'll look at the problem again using the pointers you've provided and let you know of any updates.

Note that some of the pages execute fine, e.g. Surfing to http://localhost:7890/session/new.cgiworks fine (or is it new.pl?  I forget) and by being clever I can do some of the w2web tasks, but too many don't execute right (change session, execute program ...)

I've tried running the server through Komodo to do step by step debugging but again my primitive knowledge of perl/cgi prevents me from succeeding.

My 2 Mac machines have a similar software configuration, so if anyone with a Mac can confirm it's working for them, that would be very valuable.

(I'm also failing so far to compile wien2k-13/lapw0 correctly on Mac, but that will be for a new discussion.)

Cheers

Kevin