[Wien] nn.def file

Kevin Jorissen kevinjorissenpdx at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 19:23:12 CEST 2014

Each WIEN program has a list of the files that it will open for reading or writing. This list is in the 'definition' file or 'def' file. The nn.def file tells you which files will be used by the nn program. Everything is okay.

The files marked as 'old' are required to exist already. Typically these are input files. The files marked as unknown are either output files or optional input files: it means they don't necessarily have to exist before the program starts.

It's just WIEN2k's way of managing I/o.  As long as the nn.error is empty after nn runs, all is good.

Cheers

Kevin Jorissen