[Wien] QTL-B error for Zn K-edge ELNES

McDermott Eamon John Gordon eamon.mcdermott at tuwien.ac.at
Tue Aug 26 13:21:44 CEST 2014

You should use an "extra electron charge" of 1.0 in case.inm when
removing a core electron, not -1.0 as you have. Currently you are
effectively removing two electrons from the system (the core and a
background charge).

I would also recommend using a supercell when doing a core hole
calculation. I have had experience in the past with QTL-B errors when a
core hole is not sufficiently isolated.

Regards,

--
Eamon McDermott, M.Sc.
Institute of Materials Chemistry, TU Wien
eamon.mcdermott at tuwien.ac.at
Office: +43 (1) 58801-165304
Scheduling: http://doodle.com/eamon.mcdermott