[Wien] how to increase precision of calculations?

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Mon Dec 1 13:20:25 CET 2014

> Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I went with RKmax up to 12Ry
> and it turned out that 11 and 12 should be okay, since the splitting
> starts to "oscillate" (change in the increasing trend with increased
> RKmax). Concerning the non smooth behavior of the curve I did several
> test calculations playing around with the input parameters and none of
> the changes have brought desired healing of the step close to 0.003. I
> am attaching plots to the attachment.

 From your mail, it's not clear whether or not you tried to increase
Emax, as Fabien suggested. This is specified in the last line of
case.in1, and is different from RKmax which is at the top of that file.
For spin-orbit effects, this is the most important precision-determining
feature.

Stefaan