[Wien] about EELS

Kevin Jorissen kevinjorissenpdx at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 12:16:37 CET 2014

Hi Qingping,

looks like you have it mostly figured out already:

1/ These are all the same.
2/ That's correct.  You'll find an estimate of the onset energy itself in
case.outputelnes (or in case.outputc), but you often have to shift them a
bit to align with the experiment anyway.  Chemical shifts however are
typically much more accurate than the absolute values of edge onsets.
3/ That's right.

Cheers,

Kevin