[Wien] Optical properties with q (momentum transfer)

santana.victor86 at gmail.com santana.victor86 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 20:02:38 CET 2014

Dears,

    I'm Victor Mancir. Me and my group are developing studyings in determine optical properties of an material by its energy loss spectra in XPS technique. Now, we are applying this study to aluminium and we would like to compare our experimental results with theoretical calculations. A classical way is to use the imaginary part of the dielectric function reciprocal at q = 0 (optical absorption). But, in the case of XPS aluminium 2p spectra, we observe an enlargement due to the fact that there is a non-negligible momentum transfer (q>0). Please, we would like to know if there is a version of the Optic program of Wien2K that could take into account transition for q not equal to zero.

With my best wishes,

Victor Mancir