[Wien] Wien2k and gfortran.4.8--seeking for help

李志 zhili at hfut.edu.cn
Tue Dec 9 10:18:14 CET 2014

Dear All,
Do you have any experience with Wien2k compiled by gfortran 4.8?
The compilation finished without error. However, when I do a test, the calculation stops with prompt:

"At line 30 of file kptin_nv.F
Fortran runtime error: Sequential READ or WRITE not allowed after EOF marker, possibly use REWIND or BACKSPACE"

It seems the gfortran 4.8 can't interpret the I/O command in kptin_nv.F correctly. I also recompiled with -fno-whole-file option. Unfortunately, the problem still appears.
   I attach part of kptin_nv.F here. Anyone can help to resolve this problem?

      1       SUBROUTINE KPTIN_nv(NV_up,NV_dn,ende,BNAME_up,BNAME_dn,WEIGHT_up,WEIGHT_dn,SS_up,SS_dn,NE_up,NE_dn)
      2
      3       USE param
      4       USE parallel
      5
      6       IMPLICIT REAL*8(A-H,O-Z)
      7
      8 #ifdef Parallel
      9       include 'mpif.h'
     10 #endif
     11
     12       integer :: NV_up,NV_dn,ende(2)
     13       character*10 :: BNAME_up,BNAME_dn
     14       real*8 :: WEIGHT_UP,WEIGHT_dn
     15       real*8 :: SS_up(3),SS_dn(3)
     16       integer :: NE_up,NE_dn
     17       integer :: nfile
     18
     19
     20       nfile=8+1
     21          if (MYROWHS.eq.0.and.MYCOLHS.eq.0) then
     22             READ(nfile,end=998) SS_up(1),SS_up(2),SS_up(3),BNAME_up,NV_up,NE_up,WEIGHT_up
     24 998         ende(1)=1
     25 111      continue
     26          endif
     27
     28       nfile=8+2
     29          if (MYROWHS.eq.0.and.MYCOLHS.eq.0) then
     30             READ(nfile,end=999) SS_dn(1),SS_dn(2),SS_dn(3),BNAME_dn,NV_dn,NE_dn,WEIGHT_dn
     32 999         ende(2)=1
     33 112      continue
     34          endif
     35
     36 #ifdef Parallel
     37       call mpi_bcast(ende,2,MPI_INTEGER,0,MPI_COMM_WORLD,ierr)
     38       call mpi_barrier(MPI_COMM_WORLD,ierr)
     39
     40       if (ende(1).ne.1) then
     41          call mpi_bcast(SS_up,3,MPI_DOUBLE_PRECISION,0,MPI_COMM_WORLD,ierr)
     42          call mpi_bcast(BNAME_up,10,MPI_CHARACTER,0,MPI_COMM_WORLD,ierr)
     43          call mpi_bcast(NV_up,1,MPI_INTEGER,0,MPI_COMM_WORLD,ierr)
     44          call mpi_bcast(NE_up,1,MPI_INTEGER,0,MPI_COMM_WORLD,ierr)
     45          call mpi_bcast(WEIGHT_up,1,MPI_DOUBLE_PRECISION,0,MPI_COMM_WORLD,ierr)
     46       endif