[Wien] Slow convergence of charge

Shafqat Hussain Shah shafqatshah at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 05:18:26 CET 2014

Just want to update the status of my calculation.
I followed the suggestion that I should first use MSR1 and converge it with
low tolerances before starting with MSR1a for the optimization of internal
parameters. So I ran as
a>  runsp_lapw -p -i 999 -ec 0.0001 -cc 0.05 -NI  ===>>>(converged after 27
iterations)
b> Changed  MSR1 to MSR1a in case.inm and ran as
    runsp_lapw  -p -i 999 -ec 0.0001 -cc 0.001 -fc 0.5 -NI ====> (No signs
of convergence whatsoever even after 281   more iterations. Charge
convergence at best is  less then 0.01 and fluctuating.)
Therefore, it seems that given suggestion does no work and my problem still
persists.

I am going to try Prof Marks suggestion of changing TETRA to TEMPS with
0.0018.
I am worried that I do not have a clue of the problem. In my opinion it
should work without any problem as it worked for structures generated by
the OPTIMIZER.
Any suggestion/ideas are warmly welcomed. I understand it is hard to
comment without complete  input/output files, but their sizes are larger
than permitted sizes for the mailing list. Please let me know about  any
information that you need I would be happy to provide it.
Best,
Thanks in advance.
Dr. Shafqat

--