[Wien] RE How to do the different magnetic calculation for a material (for example:NiO)

delamora delamora at unam.mx
Wed Dec 24 16:33:29 CET 2014

Within WIEN2k a paramagnetic calculation is out of the range, you need;
WIENncm: a non-collinear magnetism version of WIEN2k
(written by Robert Laskowski )
New VERSION is out since 8. Juli 2008 !!!
These type of calculations are quite computer demanding. We tried a simple case of tetrahedra, which has one non collinear solution with the moments pointing out of the tetrahedra (another is pointing in, etc.), this case needs only 4 independent magnetic atoms, using the Quantum Espresso and we had a poor result.