[Wien] Bi2Se3 atomic positions in wien2k structure file.

Naseem Hassan raheskoon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 20:24:13 CET 2014

Dear Professor Marks,

Surely you are advising me right. The similar question was asked by another
student but was not entertained on the mailing list. For example to
generate ZnAl2O4 structure. We just select 3 atoms in Strucgen and give
positions Zn (0.125,0.125,0.125), Al (0.5,0.5,0.5) and O(0.25,0.25,0.25)
along with selecting space group #227. It generates 14 atoms primitive cell
aumatically. If we see the wycoff positions for the space group# 227 (
http://www.cryst.ehu.es/cgi-bin/cryst/programs/nph-wp-list?gnum=227&gor=1)
I would never have idea how many atoms should I select and how to give
positions of these values. I will definitely read wycoff positions in depth
But kindly through some light on my confusion.

Thank You Sir Marks and McDermott.