[Wien] Compilation problem due to not able to find path for mkl libraries

shamik chakrabarti shamikphy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 13:11:49 CET 2014

Dear Wien2k users,

      We are trying to install wien2k version 13 in our system. During
compilation we are getting stuck due to an error message:

*ld: can not able to find lmkl_lpthread.so*

we have taken the following measure but get no success so far:
(1) checked the correctness of mkl library path in .bash_profile directory
(2) have done "ldconfig" once
(3) have converted "pthread" to "lpthread" in linker flag options

I know that these are basically OS based questions rather than of problems
regarding wien2k itself, but if still there will be any response that will
be helpful for us.

Thanks in advance.

with regards,

--