[Wien] Compilation problem due to not able to find path for mkl libraries

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 12 15:59:07 CET 2014

The standard method is to (before compilation) do

source COMPOSER_PATH/bin/ifortvars.sh CPUTYPE

where COMPOSER_PATH is where you put the compiler, and CPUTYPE is
either intel64 or ia32

For COMPOSER_PATH you can use the generic such as /opt/intel/composer
(which links to the latest version installed) or a specific.

On my cluster one would do.

source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.5.192/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64

N.B., ldconfig does not do anything unless you edit /etc/ld.so.conf or
(better) /etc/ld.so.conf.d/XXX.conf