[Wien] Plotting Rashba or similar states

pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Thu Feb 20 11:10:13 CET 2014

Hello Wien2k experts,

Could you let me know how to visualize the spin_up/spin_dn band character
for the SOC calculation without exchange interaction? The classical
example would be to visualize the spin texture of the Au(111) surface
state.

Do I need to make one ferromagnetic+SOC iteration at the end of the SCF
cycle?

Once has to define the spin quantization axis in initso_lapw. Can I change
the spin-quantization axis without re-doing the entire SCF cycle?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Regards,
Lukasz