[Wien] possible pressure-induced transition

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Thu Feb 27 12:20:24 CET 2014

> I found Energy (Ryd/atom) for different volume (bohr^3/atom) from EOS.
> then by using data within case.eosfitb i calculated H=E+PV.
> I converted the unit of Energy to Jules and Pressure to (Pa=N/m^2) and
> volume to (meter^3) till the unit of H be Jules.
> after that i plotted The Curve of H vs. Pressure for two phases but i
> found many Pressure which in it two enthalpy curves intersect.
>
> It will be so useful if you guide me.

There is not much more I can do. If your E(V) data are good (=allowing a
nice murnaghan fit that goes nearly through all data points), if the
considered volume range for both solids is more or less the same, if the
calculations for both phases has been done with identical settings (same
RKMax, same RMT, equal quality of k-mesh),... then you should obtain two
smooth H(P) and probably nearly straight curves that shallowly intersect.

Stefaan