[Wien] Again... plotting Rashba or similar states

pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 28 12:01:23 CET 2014

Dear All,

Could you please comment (see below)?

Regards,
Lukasz

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Wien] Plotting Rashba or similar states
Date: 	Thu, 20 Feb 2014 02:10:13 -0800 (PST)
From: 	pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
To: 	wien at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at

Hello Wien2k experts,

Could you let me know how to visualize the spin_up/spin_dn band character
for the SOC calculation without exchange interaction? The classical
example would be to visualize the spin texture of the Au(111) surface
state.

Do I need to make one ferromagnetic+SOC iteration at the end of the SCF
cycle?

Once has to define the spin quantization axis in initso_lapw. Can I change
the spin-quantization axis without re-doing the entire SCF cycle?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Regards,
Lukasz