[Wien] (no subject)

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Jul 8 01:53:32 UTC 2014

That could happen if the format of the cif file is not compatible with
cif2struct or the cif file is bad (has incomplete information)
[http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg10456.html].

You could try to make a compatible cif file with VESTA as mentioned in
the previous post:

http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg10478.html

Or you could open the cif file in a text editor or a cif editor like the
Bilbao Crystallographic Server's Structure Data Converter & Editor
[http://www.cryst.ehu.es/cgi-bin/cryst/programs/mcif2vesta/index.php] to
view the structure information, then you could enter all the needed
structure information directly into StructGen.