[Wien] Heat Capacity

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Jul 25 22:14:34 UTC 2014

As far as I know, not with the current versions (13.1 or later) of Wien2k.

Maybe with the next release
[http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg10640.html]?

Unfortunately, the next version is apparently taking longer than
originally estimated
[http://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg10648.html],
so we are patiently waiting for it to become available.

However, if you search the internet, you should find that Wien2k is used
in conjunction with the Gibbs software
[http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg10641.html].

If you see the Gibb2 documentation
[http://azufre.quimica.uniovi.es/software.html#gibbs2], you can see that
it has:

The calculated properties are:
11:Cv(J/molK) *Constant volume heat capacity*, Cv = (dU/dT)_V = Cv_vib +
Cv_el +...
19:Cp(J/molK) *Constant pressure heat capacity*, Cp = (dH/dT)_p = C_v *
(1+ alpha * gamma * T).