[Wien] SO+U

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jul 29 09:23:26 UTC 2014

The most basic thing you want to do is read the User Guide.

Especially sections on SO and orbital potentials (in my Wien2k 12.1
version sec. 4.5.5, 5.2.17 on initso_lapw, sec. 7.2 on orb, sec. 7.4 on
lapxwo, sec. 7.7 on lapwdm, the example fcc-Ni, sections 8.1, 8.2 on
tetra and qtl to plot the DOS).

The steps you should take are explained in quite some detail there:
converge your case spin-polarized; save; initialize SO; converge with
SO; save; switch on U; converge and save; do what you have to do
generate the DOS.

Personally I am a fan of w2web - it helps to avoid mistakes with the
numerous program options.

Good luck, Martin