[Wien] something about mbj

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 12 16:14:58 CET 2014

Hi,

In the vast majority of cases, the mBJ potential increases the band gap
with respect to LDA/PBE, and FeO is a case which is metallic with LDA/PBE
but insulator with mBJ. Concerning the band structure in general, it
depends on the case. In many papers you can find comparisons
between LDA/PBE and mBJ band structures. For instance here:

http://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.82.205102
http://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.83.195134

F. Tran