[Wien] possible pressure-induced transition(find DeltaG)

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Fri Mar 14 09:29:27 CET 2014

This is a typical numerical annoyance -- the enthalpy curves of both
phases are shallowly intersecting. And plotting the difference as a
function of pressure is tricky because you don't have the same pressure
grid for both phases.

However, as you have all parameters of the (Birch-)Murnaghan equation at
this stage, you can find the volume and the energy at any given pressure
(for the Murnaghan equation, you even have the analytical expression at
Wikipedia -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murnaghan_equation_of_state).
And therefore also the enthalpy at that pressure. Hence, you can
construct the enthalpies for both phases on the same pressure grid.

Stefaan