[Wien] ERROR in Spin Polarized Calculation with Spin-Orbit

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Wed May 14 21:58:46 CEST 2014

As mentioned previously, initso_lapw of w2web is not so user friendly
[http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg10519.html].
If you run initso_lapw in a terminal, it will try to 'automatically'
create the case.inso file for you.  However, as you have seen in w2web,
you have to edit the case.inso file 'manually'.  Of course, the program
will not run with a "input conversion error" if you used the h5.inso
that you reported, because the Xs in "NX" and "NX1" have to be replaced
by numbers or you have to remove those lines
[http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg03402.html].