[Wien] Reg: AFM calculations

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu May 22 15:58:39 CEST 2014

I suspect that vec2_old means that you have not correctly setup you
PATH variable, and/or some related system/user/linux configuration
error. As Gavin said try it in a terminal and also do "echo $PATH"
from that terminal.

N.B., the use of "-ec 0.000001" is unusual and/or wrong. The normal
default is -ec 0.0001 and by changing to 0.00001 you are normally
trying to minimize noise. More important in many cases will be to add
-cc 0.00025 (or similar) to force proper charge convergence not just
energy convergence.

N.N.B., did you really see "xxxxxx at xxxxx:~/xxxxx/yyyyy/xxxx/xxx$" - or
did you edit this yourself? If you really saw it then unless you are
logged in as "xxxx" (a really odd user name) then something is quite
wrong with your linux setup.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University