[Wien] relaxation

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Mon Nov 10 16:07:41 CET 2014

"case.inst not consistent with Z" can happen if one or more of your Z
values in your struct file are not correct.  In StructGen, the element
name of an atom should match with the atomic number (Z) like in the
periodic table.  An easy way to correct this is to delete all the values
in the Z boxes in StructGen so that they are blank, then resave the
struct file, and the program should automatically set them to correct
values [1,2].

Regarding "edit case.inst and rerun lstart", as Pablo has said, this
message is telling you that you should recreate case.inst (with
instgen_lapw) [3].  If you used w2web in an old Wien2k version, you had
to remove case.inst in order to get instgen_lapw back during initialize
calc. (as it would disappear when case.inst was created after first
use).  However, in the latest Wien2k version (14.2), the interface has
been improved so that it is always there, such that it can be ran again
without having to remove case.inst first.  Except that there might be a
bug in 14.2, where it does not highlight "x lstart" as the next step in
red when instgen_lapw has been completed (i.e., it seems to be always
stuck highlighting instgen_lapw as the next step in red).

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg09209.html
[2]
http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg09479.html