[Wien] MSR1a in case.inm but getting PRATT mixing

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Oct 16 01:28:44 CEST 2014

First, MSR1a is a bit better in version 13, so updating would help. (13 &
14 are about the same, the next one should be better, fingers crossed.)

There are four ways this might happen (maybe)
a) You have old *bro* files around. Try deleting them.
b) Something is wrong with your inorb so your U is not working right.
c) Your case.scf file has some strange characters in it from an MPI problem
or OS crash. Do mv case.scf case.scf_old
d) Something else.

The mixer thinks there is something inconsistent between the previous
history files and the current cycle, so is reverting to a failsafe Pratt.
If none of the above work please send case.scf to my private email.

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu
MURI4D.numis.northwestern.edu