[Wien] Calculation about the effect of external magnetic field

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Tue Sep 2 08:26:32 CEST 2014

How strong was the field ?
If you have a magnetic material saturated (say Fe at about 2.2. mu_B, I guess that's what you have already without magnetic field),
what changes do you expect when you apply a magnetic field on top of the saturation ?

Application of a magnetic field in the calculation may stabilyse a otherwise metastable magnetic solution.

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University