[Wien] mBJ usability and relevance for semiconductor/metal heterostructures?

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Sep 2 10:49:54 CEST 2014

Hi,

Most likely the semiconductor and metal will require different
values of c. Furthermore, mBJ is maybe not the best choice for metals,
and for Fe, Co, Ni a value of c smaller than 1 is more appropriate for the
magnetic moment [Koller et al., PRB 83, 195134 (2011)].

It's not easy to say in advance which c is the most appropriate for
such heterostructures. Maybe tunning c until an experimental value
is reproduced.

For sure the vacuum should not be used to fix x.

F. Tran