[Wien] Calculation about the effect of external magnetic field

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 3 12:42:20 CEST 2014

Dear Yanli,

you did not answer the crucial question:

what is the size of the field you put in your calculation?

My guess is that it simply is much too small to see any effect in, e.g.
the DOS. You plot the DOS on energy scales of eV. Compare that to the
energy of the moment of an electron in the field you chose - I  expect
something like 1 T - so maybe you calculate 1 mu_B*1 T  ... then decide
if you should be able to see the shift in energy corresponding to that
field.

Best regards,

Martin Pieper

---