[Wien] error in calculating optical properties with spin-orbit interaction using Wien2k_14.1

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Sep 25 07:26:28 UTC 2014

No this sequence is not correct, although it does not explain the error
after optic -so

The correct sequence is (as you can see with w2web (except the lapwso
step, which will only be supported in the next release):
 > 1. x kgen
 > 2. x lapw1
 > 3. x lapwso
      x lapw2 -fermi -so
      x optic -so
      x joint
      x kram

A few comments:  If one is not sure whether a certain command should
take -so or not, always use:

x command -h;  or in your case:  x optic -h, x joint -h, x kram -h

You will see that optic takes an optional -so switch, but joint and kram
does no.

If you still get an error after optic -so, you need to check the error
messages.