[Wien] Why is "sleep $delay" commented out in lapw1para_lapw?

David Olmsted olmsted at berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 6 18:32:54 CEST 2015

Hi,

   There has been no response to my suggestion that in lapw1para_lapw, the
line "#    sleep $delay" be changed to "sleep $delay".  Perhaps I have not
given enough information.  In the userguide there is no mention of "delay".
In the archive I find nothing explaining why the line is commented out.  (Or
even explaining that it is commented out.)  In  lapw2para_lapw, for example,
the "sleep $delay" line is actually in use, rather than commented out.  The
same is true in some of the other scripts.  Why the difference in
lapw1para_lapw?

I am using version 14.2 on a  large linux cluster with TORQUE.   I was using
a revised version of a parallel_options file from a post by Lawrence Marks
which included "set delay   = 0.25", and was surprised to discover this did
not actually take effect in lapw1para_lapw.

Thanks,

David

David Olmsted

Assistant Research Engineer