[Wien] how to generate supercell of 14 atoms

Oleg Rubel orubel at lakeheadu.ca
Mon Apr 13 17:00:57 CEST 2015

VESTA is very useful and visual tool for generating supercells (http://jp-minerals.org/vesta/en/download.html). It has a learning curve, but it pays back.
Load your structure in VESTA and go to Edit -> Edit Data -> Unit Cell
There is an Option button for Symmetry. It allows to edit Rotation matrix [1 0 0; 0 1 0; 0 0 1]
If you would like to extend along X, it should look like [2 0 0; 0 1 0; 0 0 1]
The structure can be modified Edit -> Edit Data -> Structure parameters (replace, displace, add atoms)
Then export to *cif format
Use cif2struct in Wien2k to get the structure file.

I hope it will help
Oleg