[Wien] Hi. I have some questions about tasks. (main purpose)

Parker, David S. parkerds at ornl.gov
Sun Aug 2 22:04:08 CEST 2015

Youngbeam, there are a tremendous number of things one can do with WIEN2K or other reliable DFT codes such as VASP etc - band gaps and transport properties of semiconductors, magnetic materials including magnetization, magnetic anisotropy and Curie temperature, etc - the list is almost endless.  Alas, so is the expertise required to do these calculations properly.  It is difficult and impractical to teach all these things vie e-mail.  You are presumably a student at a major university in Korea.  What I suggest you do is find someone at your university who does first principles calculations - there should be someone, people do this worldwide - and indicate your interest in doing research using first principles calculations.  That is likely your best avenue for approaching this.  Good luck - David Parker