[Wien] 'libfftw3_mpi.so.3' is not found

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Aug 24 13:19:33 CEST 2015

As the error states, on one or more of the computers the path to the fftw3
library is not known. This is a standard problem in openmpi. It does not
fully export your environment for you, so just because the path and shared
libraries are found when you source the compiler scripts does not mean they
are when the program executes.

Check your LD_LIBRARY_PATH & edit parallel_options such that WIEN_MPIRUN
exports it for you, looking at the MPIRUN man page (e.g.
https://www.open-mpi.org/doc/v1.8/man1/mpirun.1.php).

Alternatively use status linking for the fftw3 libraries.

---
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
http://www.numis.northwestern.edu