[Wien] question again :ROTDEF: How do change I my struct file?

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Fri Aug 28 14:20:04 CEST 2015

In your struct file you have (had?) a multiplicity of 4 for many atoms. You
only had either none or 2 symmetry operations. The multiplicity of the
sites cannot be larger than the number of symmetry operations.

Either:

a) Edit by hand the case.struct file to have the symmetry operations you
believe are right. Then do "x patchsymm", read the output, look at the file
it produces. Use the computer above your eyes, not just the one at your
keyboard. If it is right copy it to case.struct. Rerun the initialization
from the beginning.

b) Do the full initialization again. If the code says " do you want to use
the new struct file" (or similar) answer "Y". Don't ignore what it says.

---
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
http://www.numis.northwestern.edu