[Wien] regarding structure change

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Aug 28 17:11:43 CEST 2015

The html file that you attached contains no picture.

As you have said, there is no option for a monoclinic structure (no
monoclinic klist_band template).

So you have to create your own monoclinic klist_band file, and that is
what the "from xcrysden" option is for.

1. You have to use XCrySDen ("Generate k-mesh using XCrysden" button) to
create your xcrysden.klist or hand type your own mesh into xcrysden.klist.

Section "3.11.4 Bandstructure" in the WIEN2k usersguide
[http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf]:

For a few crystal structures template files are supplied in the
SRC-directory, you can also *use**
**XCRYSDEN (save it as xcrysden.klist) to generate a k-mesh or type in
your own mesh*.

2. Select "from xcrysden" and click the "create case.klist_band" button