[Wien] SCF and symmetry

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 14:02:48 CET 2015

Peter may be busy.....

The RKM value is critically important, and you cannot compare different
values. I guess you are running on a single node without mpi, and the RKM
value has been automatically reduced to avoid going beyond the memory
limits (set via NMATMAX). Unless you have small minimum RMT's such as for H
(~0.5) an RKM value around 3 is way too small. You need to repair this,
either using more cores & mpi or something else.

You sound like you have some DFT experience, but I suspect not much with
WIEN2K. Have you tried simpler systems first?

---
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
http://www.numis.northwestern.edu