[Wien] Molecular dynamics using Wien2k

Guo-ping Zhang gpzhang at femto.indstate.edu
Mon Dec 14 17:45:00 CET 2015

Dear Wien2k users,

I am interested in using Mini to run MD. After reading the manual and old
mailing list, I could not find a workable example. For instance, the
manual has an example for NOSE (case.inM) not for MOLD. In the structure
optimization section,  all the examples are used for minimization (which
works well for my problem using MSR1a option in case.inm though the
mixer is very slow).

I tried to use min_lapw -p -so (after a prior successful SCF)  but failed,
since it needs case.finM (but the manual does
not say how to get case.finM). I already looked at haupt_cad.f, which
seems to work.

Has anyone succeeded using Wien2k to run MD?

If so, is it possible to share with me some details how this is done?

I would appreciate any hints.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Guoping