[Wien] Molecular dynamics using Wien2k

Guo-ping Zhang gpzhang at femto.indstate.edu
Mon Dec 21 13:29:35 CET 2015

Dear Gavin, Laurence and Peter,

Thank you very much for your helpful comments!

I will keep my goal as moderate as possible.
For my problem, I have to include SOC. I just found a way to compute the
force using wien with SOC (it seems Gerhard is also interested in this),
though it takes time and nothing is perfect. All I need is to alter
Laurence's structure writing routine, so the code runs with a new
configuration.

I have one more question about the symmetry initialization, if I may.

If my system has an inversion symmetry, should I start with a super cell
with a symmetric displacement of some atoms to initialize the calculation
(init_lapw)? If so, I worry whether the symmetry step would restrict to
some symmetry operations but miss some others.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Guoping