[Wien] wien2k workshop 2016

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Dec 22 15:38:34 CET 2015

Dear WIEN2k users,

We are happy to announce the WIEN2k workshop for 2016. It will be held at:

               McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
                       4. - 7. June 2016

and hosted by O. Rubel (who contributed the BerryPI package to WIEN2k).

The 23rd workshop in the history of the WIEN code is a hands-on activity
dedicated to teach the use of the WIEN2k Density Functional Theory
Package. WIEN2k is one of the most popular electronic structure codes
used to perform calculations with the Full Potential LAPW method. The
workshop is a unique opportunity to learn the use, power and limitations
of the package with the tutoring of the authors and developers of the
code. The activities will be aimed at graduate students and researchers
from industry and academia. The only pre-requisite is to have a basic
knowledge of solid state physics and chemistry. It is planned as a
four-day activity with lectures on the scientific aspects of the method,
applications and hands-on activities on selected examples. It is a
unique opportunity to receive a head start on a personal project.

You can present a Poster of your current work and in addition this
workshop is coupled to the  28th Canadian Material Science Conference
(http://cmscconf.org/; from 7. - 11. June 2016) which could be of
interest for you too.

Hamilton can be reached easily from Toronto, where International flights
are available to many countrys worldwide.

The registration cost is CND $550 (about USD $400 ) and covers Lunches,
Coffee breaks and the social event, which will be an exciting excursion
to the Niagara Falls!

More information and registration at:

                http://mcmasteel.mcmaster.ca/conf/index.html

PS: I'd appreciate if you enter your WIEN2k publications into
www.wien2k.at/papers