[Wien] ghost band error with mbj potential

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Dec 31 16:23:20 CET 2015

I have said this many times; reducing the mixing parameter (correctly
called the greed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greedy_algorithm) is not a
clever thing to do. While the general written and unwritten literature says
that this is an appropriate thing to do, it is WRONG and a complete
misunderstanding of what mixing algorithms really do. If this was an exam,
giving "reduce the mixing" as an answer to problems would receive an F from
me.

Returning to the question, without more information nobody will be able to
help you. What is the symmetry, RMTs etc ?

N.B., there is no such thing as "PORT mixing"

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University