[Wien] EFG + ETA calculation

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Feb 3 18:04:06 CET 2015

The size should be big enough, at least for a first calculation.

Is the supercell nearly "cubic", i.e. similar length in all dimensions ?

Is there only one Ga site ?

How are the distances after relaxation ?
Would it correspond to a more or less axial symmetry or is x,y,z very
different and eta=1 is to be expected ??

Cd at an interstitial site ? I'm not sure if a Cd2+ ion really wants to
substitute Ga3+.
Is your cell metallic ?
Do you find an "inpurity" band ?