[Wien] inverse participation ratio

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Feb 19 14:05:07 CET 2015

The Mullican charges are not possible within wien2k, since we do not
have "overlapping atomic wavefunctions".

AIM should be possible with some trick. You have to run in 2 steps, in
the first one you provide the total density and determine the basin, in
the INTEG step you provide a density of a single state. However, the
corresponding case.clmval file cannot be just copied to clmsum, since
its normalization is different. Instead, you have to put it through
"mixer" (without core and clmsum_old densities and without
renormalization) to create a "pseudo-clmsum file.

In any case, you will never recover eg. a delocalized 4s electron in any
basin ....