[Wien] inverse participation ratio

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Feb 19 15:06:17 CET 2015

A small comment on what Peter suggested. It would not be hard to modify aim
to use a clmval since the code has similarities to lapw5 where that is
already done - look for the switch in lapw5 then do something similar in
aim. (I am slightly surprised it is not already there.)

Using filtvec or lapw2 with energy limits you may then be able to come
close to what you want, but perhaps not exactly what you are looking for.

I am not certain about Peter's idea of fiddling the input to mixer to do
the normalization -- it might work or could just crash. You probably need
to create case.clmcor files with nothing in them by changing case.inc so it
has no electrons. Then force PRATT 1.0 to be used (but this might be
trapped). Some fiddling needed here.

You may also come close by using filtvec or limited energy ranges and look
at the :QTL numbers from lapw2 or qtl.

Or some combination of filtvec/energy ranges with lapw2, then lapw5 and
critc2.

Or switch to some orbital code, perhaps the best option if you really need
the numbers.

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu