[Wien] inverse participation ratio

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Feb 19 15:36:05 CET 2015

I do try and trap various odd cases during a normal scf run, and have never
thought of just using mixer as a conversion so it might be broken by a trap
:-(. I am pretty sure I put something in for the next version for some
other reasons that probably breaks this; there might already be something
there in the current version. (If there are problems with input files
during an scf run the mixer switches to Pratt as a last resort. A full
Pratt step could then be very bad.)

Copying the case.clmval to case.vrespval and using -vresp (I.e. x
mixer_vresp) may be safest as this is forced to a full Pratt step with no
renormalization. The copy case.vrespsum to case.clmsum or edit the aim.def
file.

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu