[Wien] Vol optimization for BaRuO3

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Feb 26 08:04:52 CET 2015

Add a couple of points on the right side (larger volume). With this it will
be easier for the fitting program to determine the minimum and the proper
curvature.

A non-linear fit is not always converging. It depends on the starting values
and on the details of the input points.

Am 26.02.2015 um 00:55 schrieb delamora:
> Dear Wien comunity,
>
> I did a very rough calculation for two systems
>
> Na
>
> BaRuO3
>
> I did them in the lowest of quality
>

> Now, when I tried to plot the energy .vs. volume I got that the fit was only done for the Birch-Murnagham formula for the BaRuO3, while for the Na system I got a nice fit
> for all the formulas.
>

> Now I repeated the same calculation for 0 to -40% compression and again the fit was 'NaN' for all the formulas, here I send the curve and as you can see it is a nice curve
> that should have fit nicely for the Birch-Murnagham formula.
>

>      Saludos
>

>                  Pablo

Peter Blaha
Inst. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna